Sunday, August 10, 2008

It FinallyHappened!

I have known that something will eventually happen to my carpet to stain it....well it finally happened.
Yep you guessed it....CALEB!!!

So the other day he decided that the pitcher that has the red kool-aid is what we wanted and he climbed up to the table and pulled it down and in the process of that spilt some. Well that would have been bad but things got worse because he decided he wanted to take the pitcher down the hall. And as all kids do when they are little and things are heavy they sway the thing they are hold and in this case it was the pitcher of red kool-aid and it left little splashes everywhere from the table to the kitchen and then down the hall.

Now what do mothers do in that situation? I don't know because I was not home when it happened but Dwain grabbed the carpet cleaner immediately and starting cleaning. You would think that he would have been able to get it up because he acted so quickly....yea not so much. I got home from work and he was still working on it. They we started trying everything we could think of...oxyclean, foam cleaners, spray on cleaners....these stains were still smiling at us. So I am not thinking that the carpet is done for. But I go to the internet and look up getting out red kool-aid stains and they say to use warm dish soapy water and soak a washcloth or towel and put an iron on it. I was like yea right a iron with dish soap. We have tried the most industrious stuff and you are telling me dish soap. But anyway I was desperate at this time and so I tried it and it really works. I was amazed! So I still have more cleaning to do but it is a lot better.


So here are some pictures....and yes of course we make Caleb clean up his own messes!!!







1 comment:

Eliza said...

So, did it come out?

We just ripped out our NASTY carpet. Hooray!