Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Finally Saving!

So the past couple of weeks I have started the CVS thing. It was great the first time....not so good the second and better this week. With the encouragement from my sister, or the push to keep going. I went to Target today. I was very nervous, I called Sara seriously like 5-6 times asking her questions. I had my list and my coupons. So Caleb and I set out. It was a disaster...I left with nothing but my coupons and about 45 mins of wasted time. I checker was really nice and the manager was not so nice...first she said they could not take the coupons because they said Super Target, then she wouldn't take them because they were off the internet...I had to tell her that they are Web coupons and you can only get them from the internet. She then came back and said well you can only use one in one transaction....so I said forget it. My sister did this at her Target if you won't do it for me then I will go somewhere else. I asked for my coupons back and left them with my food. I called Sara so frustrasted...more encouragement and I went to another Target.....I was successful. I got everything on my list...Here is the Picture.
I spent a grand total of $5.76 for all of this. A savings of 33.31. I was so excited, I am really tired and kind of think I need to rest of the week off from thinking about coupons. It was a really stressful week with CVS and Target.

4 comments:

sara said...

Woo hoo! I'm so proud of you. Thanks for finally posting a picture of your awesome savings. Keep it up!

Nicole said...

RIGHT ON! :) good job! i've never in all my target experience ever had a coupon problem, so that's unfortunate. i always have target's corporate coupon policy on me when i shop... and i'm ready if they ever give me a problem. but GREAT job with the savings and i'm glad you didn't give up!!!!

Eliza said...

Good job! Mom is really proud, and keeps talking about how you're following in your sister's couponing footsteps.

I love that Caleb is getting in on the picture. My kids want to do that too. Pretty soon he'll be asking for things, if they have a coupon just like Hunter does.

Erin+Marc = Ethan&Aidan said...

SWEET! I didn't know you had a blog!